‘Tis the Season to Become a Member!
Dec 01, 2014
Dear Friends of the Ruby Lake Lagoon Society,
We have had a fun and successful year at the Iris Griffith Centre and EarthFair Store. The addition of the Wood Duck Bus has been enjoyed by community groups on many outings. We look forward to planning more for you!
It’s time to renew memberships for 2015! The gift of a membership makes a great Christmas gift for friends and family.
We are offering a special gift (your choice of one of the following) to those who sign up for a 2015 membership:
- An underwater poster
- A Wood Duck stuffy – Quack Quack!!
- A live native sapling from our nursery
- Waterproof mushroom ID card
- Berry picker (large for family or small for single)
Spend $100 at the EarthFair Store and you will receive a Single Membership for free!
By becoming a member you help the Lagoon Society to:
- Facilitate the exploration, education, and training of people of all ages in;
- Local natural history,
- Wildlife and conservation,
- Ecology and the environment
- Provide a field base, necessary equipment, and laboratory facilities for scientific research and ecological monitoring
- Maintain and develop our sustainable green building to promote leadership in energy conservation and environmental design
- Conserve and further restore 10 acres of wetlands and nature reserve, maintaining important habitat for breeding waterfowl, turtles, and other wildlife species
- Generate long-term, sustainable economic benefit to the coast through eco-tourism and environmental education.
Beyond knowing that you are positively contributing to the Sunshine Coast in this way, membership includes these additional benefits:
- Discount on workshops, field trips, and presentations
- Free membership in the Lagoonies Club for your children (donations are still welcomed and appreciated)
- Subscription to the monthly Lagoon Society e-newsletter
- Invitations to special Lagoon Society events
To register for the 2015 calendar year, visit our Become a Member webpage to sign up, or visit us on location at: